LUMINE Hosts 2nd Forum to Revitalize the Japanese Fashion and Retail Industry
On February 27, 2019, LUMINE hosted the second “WWD Retail 20/20 Forum Tokyo” in Tokyo.
Since 2018, LUMINE has utilized this Forum to develop global initiatives within but not limited to the fashion and retail industries as well as new business models. Furthermore it aims to revitalize and further grow the retail industry focusing on the rapidly changing Japanese fashion world, with plans to host the Forum until 2020.
For this second event, more than 200 top executives from the US, Europe, Asia and Japan participated, aiming to accurately respond to changing business schemes and create value for the next generations of our future.
12 global designers and executives such as Rick Ridgeway from Patagonia, Phillip Lim from 3.1 Phillip Lim, and Micky Onvural from Bonobos discussed a wide range of topics including “Innovating Physical Retail”, “Integrating Digital with Physical Retail”, “Curating Artisan Brands”, “Creating the Future-Emerging and Established Designers” and “Sustainability - Socially Good Initiatives” through speeches and discussions with WWD editors.
The networking opportunities during breakfast and lunch sessions—where lively exchanges were made between executives from Japan and abroad—ended with success.
“I was able to directly feel the challenges the global fashion industry faces as well as the innovative initiatives” and “This was a unique opportunity to interact with executives from around the world and I hope you continue to host these forums” are some of the comments received from participants.
List of Speakers
• Phillip Lim (Creative Director and Co-founder, 3.1 Phillip Lim) ＆ Wen Zhou (Chief Exective Officer and Co-founder, 3.1 Phillip Lim), James Fallon (Editorial Director, WWD)
• Rick Ridgeway (Vice President, Public Engagement, Patagonia)
• Micky Onvural (Chief Executive Officer, Bonobos)
• Andrea Canè (Creative Director, Woolrich International)
• Michael Williams (Editor and Founder, A Continuous Lean)
• Ramdane Touhami (Owner, Officine Universelle Buly)
• Roth Martin (Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder, Rothy's)
• Akira Minagawa (Chief Executive Officer, Designer and Founder, minä perhonen)
• Masayuki Ino (Designer and Founder, doublet, 2018 LVMH Prize for Young Designers Winner)
• Keiko Shinomoto (Co-owner, Tortoise)
• Mineaki Saito (President and Founder, Scenery International)